Mama Mia, The Movie was released in 2008 telling a story of a young bride-to-be searching for her father. The whole film is set in Greece told through the classic and timeless songs of ABBA. I have watched this one for several times already but just the same, this doesn’t fail to amuse me from beginning to the end. Here I have listed 10 reasons why this movie is one of my most favorite.
1. If you’re an ABBA fanatic or simply enjoys the beat of Dancing Queen, Chiquita, I have a Dream, Mama Mia and all the rest of ABBA songs, then surely this movie is just for you.
2. It’s cool to see Pierce Brosnan in a very cool role as his in this movie. Surprisingly, this Bond 007 actor can actually sing (I just don’t know if the singing voice in the movie is actually his own).
3. Sing, dance, laugh and cry with Meryl Streep throughout the movie.
4. The classic songs are given a contemporary treatment making them cooler to listen.
5. If you are an avid reader of mythology, you surely can relate to it.
6. The story is light and heartwarming. It is definitely a feel-good movie.
7. It makes you feel in loved over and over again.
8. It makes you love your own parents even more.
9. It gives you an idea of your own dream wedding.
10. Even if you aren’t fond of musicals, you will change heart when you got to see it.