Miss Bayugan City – Alyssa Mae Cañizares is still on to the competition of Miss Philippines – Earth after being called as one of the lucky ladies to proceed to the next round of elimination during the Long Gown Competition held at Calapan City, Province of Oriental Mindoro, May 6.
A total of 49 beautiful and awe – inspiring contestants representing key cities, municipalities and provinces all over the Philippines romped on stage in their elegant evening gowns. To conclude the night, lucky contestants who were still on to the next level of the pageant were then called one by one. Eight ladies were meant to say goodbye to the crown at stake. They were:
- Mary Grace Opingo (31)- Midsayap, North Cotabato;
- Crista Juanico (23)- Libungan;
- Czshevinah Hae Alejandro (24)- Lipa City;
- Honey Claire Arranguez (17) – Davao City;
- Princess Jennifer Iñosa (42) – San Pedro, Laguna;
- Cari-Dawn Campbell (46) – US Central;
- Mardie Rose Enriquez (10) – Calamba City; and
- Caraleigh Ico (38)- Sapian Province
Alyssa who is a Dental Medicine Student at Davao Medical School Foundation is also Mutya ng Bayugan 2009, Agusan del Sur – Bae Naliyagan 2009 and Mutya ng Caraga titles holder.
The coronation night of Miss Philippines – Earth will be held on Sunday, June 5, 2011, 7 p.m. at the Coliseum in Puerto Princesa. It will be telecast on ABS-CBN Channel 2 at 10:30 p.m. and on a later date on The Filipino Channel.