I was overwhelmed with the response when I posted last week which color should I pick when I will buy a new curtain. Those suggestions really guided me in identifying the best choice for my room.
The common color of my room is blue. When I moved in October of 2010, the landlord had already provided me with blue curtains and blue sofa so I had no other choice but to follow the color theme. I bought a blue bed sheet and other stuffs in blue. Lately, I just got tired of seeing the same color in my room so I had to think of something new to break the monotony. From last week’s post, I received really good feed backs that guided me of my choice. Here’s the top ten suggestions that I gathered in choosing a color for your curtains:
1. Peach or floral curtains for a garden look.
2. Black curtains for low maintenance that is not having to wash it all the time.
3. Purple, to go with the color of the season.
4. Choose your favorite color for your curtains.
5. The color of your curtains should compliment the color of your wall paper.
6. Green and blue for a fresh look of your room.
7. Consider the color of your bedsheet when you pick a color of your curtains.
8. Black and white curtains for a darker effect.
9. White with shades of green and purple if you are into neat, dust-free and fresher effect of the room.
10. White for a sleek and clean effect of the room.
Christia of Cristia’s World wrote: “White and satin brown always works. Combine them this way: satin brown curtain, white see through curtain, white see through curtain, satin brown curtain.”
With that in mind, I went to Home Pro to get what I wanted. When I went there I had a wide array of choices. But of course, I had to consider my budget. It was such a good thing that I found what I really wanted – a brown curtain with some light blue stripes at the bottom. I thought it was perfect.
On my way out of the shop, I passed by the home and office furniture department and my eyes caught a sight of this very nice corner cabinet. Then I imagined my photo frames in it at the corner of my little room. Now, I am up for my next room project – the corner cabinet.
How about you? Any plans or project for your room lately?